- Age Cymru are providing a check in and chat service for anyone over 70 years of age- 08000223444 https://www.ageuk.org.uk/cymru/information-advice/age-cymru-advice/check-in-and-chat/
- Drive 02920140140 are offering free local shopping trips for the vulnerable and elderly
- Local counsellors in Roath have offered help for picking up shopping/prescriptions for the elderly/vulnerable 07790962764
|Help with Council Tax|
|The following four core Hubs will remain open St Mellons, Ely the Powerhouse and Central Library Hub:|
Central Library Hub opening times:
A range of help is available from shopping for food for those who cannot leave home themselves, to the provision of emergency parcels of food and other essentials for people struggling financially. A large number of volunteers responded to the Council’s call for communities to come together to help each other under the scheme, Together for Cardiff. These volunteers will assist the delivery of this support to residents.
For people NOT self-isolating but unable to afford essential provisions
The city’s Hubs and Libraries service is supporting the Foodbank, with the distribution of emergency parcels from four core hubs in the city – Ely and Caerau Hub, The Powerhouse in Llanederyn, St Mellons Hub or Central Library Hub. While the hubs are closed for general public access, residents can knock on the door of the Hub and staff can help by issuing a food and essentials parcel.
For people who ARE self isolating and have no family or support
Anyone in this position who needs assistance to buy provision should call the Advice line on 029 2087 1071 to be put in touch with volunteers who are able to help with shopping. This service is only for those with no-one else available to help.
For those who want to offer help
Opportunities are available on the Volunteer Cardiff website,www.volunteercardiff.co.uk
Since last week’s launch of Together For Cardiff, the Council has been overwhelmed by the number of people offering their services and time to help others. The website now has details of a number of organisations looking for volunteers that anyone interested can contact directly. Many groups have been set up at a neighbourhood level allowing volunteers to be able to help people living close by.
- Together for Cardiff scheme will provide food & essentials parcels;
- Drive are offering free local shopping trips for the vulnerable and elderly 02920140140
- Age Concern may be able to help with shopping services 08000223444
- Disability Wales are helping disabled people by providing coordinating services in your area. They will do their best to put you in touch with local support in your area. 029 2088 7325 email@example.com
808 10 800 / Live Chat Service: gov.wales/live-fear-free / Text:078600 77 333
- Key workers from health, social care or emergency services who do not have any other option for childcare, should contact Family Gateway on 03000 133 133 or firstname.lastname@example.org