How to pay

We expect you to pay your rent in advance, either weekly or monthly.  You can pay in a number of ways.

Check out our short video clip to help you decide which method suits you best.

  • Tenant Portal

    You can log in to Cadwyn’s Tenant Portal here and make payments via Allpay.You can view a mini statement of your account. Plus report repairs on your property, anti social behaviour and give feedback to us.

  • Tenant App

    You can download Cadwyn’s Tenant App here for Apple or Android and make payments via Allpay or view a mini statement of your account. Plus report repairs on your property and give feedback to us.

  • Text

    You can set up and make payments through Allpay’s new Textpay service. Find more information and set up guides here.

  • Direct Debit

    You can set up a Direct Debit by downloading the Direct Debit Mandate and send it back to us (197 Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 1AJ) so we can arrange all the details with your bank or building society.
    You can choose to make payments on any date that suits you.

  • Telephone

    If you want to pay your rent by telephone anytime then you can do this by calling Cadwyn. Your call will be directed to the Allpay payment line. Please note that you will need your 19 digit Allpay reference number to make an automated rent payment.  You can find this on your Allpay payment card. If you are unsure what this is or need to order a card then please contact us.

    You can contact us to speak to a rent officer if required on 029 2049 8898 (follow the instructions) between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.

  • Cash using your Allpay Swipe Card

    You can visit any Post Office or any shop displaying the Paypoint sign to make a cash payment using your Allpay Swipe Card.

  • Cheque or cash

    You can visit our office in person to pay by cheque, cash or direct debit.

  • Standing Order

    You can set up a Standing Order from your Bank Account (only if none of the Direct Debit Dates are suitable).

Universal Credit

If you are receiving UC then your housing costs will be paid directly to you, monthly as part of your UC entitlement. You will then need to pay using one of the methods above.

What if i’m having difficulty and cant pay my rent?

Please talk to us! We are here to help. 

We would much rather that you speak to us than suffer in silence. We can help you check if you are receiving all the benefits that you are entitled to, whether you qualify for any discounts on bills, refer you for specialist money advice and much more. But we can’t help if you don’t talk to us.  We will only take possession action as a last resort because we want our tenants to stay in their homes.

Housing Benefit

If you are receiving Housing Benefit, you will get a payment every 4 weeks from the Council. You can tell the Council to pay your Housing Benefit directly to us. This is a service that many tenants find convenient and most of our tenants pay their rent this way.

For more information on Housing Benefit visit