Cadwyn Housing Association’s Realise Your Potential – a free service that helps people find employment has been nominated for the Chartered Institute of Housing Cymru’s Member’s Choice Award. This award is open to all projects that have been shortlisted by CIH Cymru and it’s won by the organisation that can gather the most votes from members.
- Supported 109 members
- Engaged over a third of Cadwyn’s tenants in service improvement.
- Engaged 50 tenants in education and training (many taking multiple courses)
- Worked with partners to provide 4 apprenticeships and 8 opportunities for work experience in the construction industry.
- 23 job outcomes
- 39 tenants actively volunteering
- Improvements in design of our Rent Statements
- Better communication and information sharing regarding complaints handling led to increased tenant satisfaction
- Tenants involved in shaping the content of our new website
- A comprehensive report on how we deal with damp and condensation detailing recommendations for improving the service.
Sue who used Realise Your Potential and gained employment said: “Thank you so much for all your help and support with helping me gain employment. You are really inspirational and I hope that I can help people in such a positive way”
Feedback from the RNIB “Two young people have had placements with Cadwyn and they both gained so much confidence as well as learning new skills”.
If you are a CIH Cymru member and you’d like to vote for Realise Your Potential please visit the CIH Cymru website.