The way you rent is changing.
From the 1st of December, The Renting Homes (Wales) Act will change the way all landlords in Wales rent their properties. This will improve how we rent, manage, and live in rented homes in Wales.
Here’ is an overview of what you need to know:
- New, simpler contracts will be issued
- Your home must be fit to live in
- More notice of a rent increase
- Stronger rights to stay in your home
- ‘Revenge’ evictions prevented
- Contract-holders can be added or removed
- Greater rights to pass on your home if you die
To find out more you can visit the Welsh Government website by clicking here
Easy read guide is available here
Or you can visit our jargon buster page by clicking here