Here are some simple suggestions on how you can save money on your electricity bills:
- Try to use an outside washing line to dry your laundry instead of using an expensive to run tumble dryer.
- Turn off electrical equipment when you’re not using it, a standby LED light on your television can use almost as much electricity as when the TV is actually on.
- The solar panels produce less electricity in winter than in summer due to the lack of daylight and they stop working when it gets dark at night. Therefore if you do have solar panels try to use most of your appliances in the daytime when the panels are generating electricity. Set timers for your washing machine or dishwasher to come on.
- Use energy saving light bulbs. They may be more expensive than conventional light bulbs but they last up to ten times longer and use only a quarter of the energy to produce the same amount of light.
- Wash clothes at 30 degrees instead of a higher temperature and always put in a full load.
- Look for the ‘A’ energy saving rating when buying new appliances, they’ll be more efficient and cost less to run.
- Only fill the kettle with as much water as you need – this will reduce the cost to boil it.
- Get in touch with our Financial Inclusion Team on 029 2049 8898 or email FITeam@cadwyn.co.uk