Cadwyn provides high quality Supported Accommodation to homeless families in Cardiff. Working in partnership with City of Cardiff Council, we have created great examples of Psychologically Informed Environments, providing safe, comfortable homes as well as tailored support that meets the needs of our families. Our “Restorative Approach” places high emphasis on building, maintaining and repairing relationships to ensure people’s needs are met. We help affect positive change to stop the cycle of repeat homelessness.
Our aim is to inspire people to be the best they can be, to live the life they want and to help them to avoid becoming homeless.
Nightingale House is our 26 room hostel that provides a temporary and welcoming home for homeless families in need support.
The hostel takes referrals from Cardiff Council regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race/ethnic origin, religion & belief, marital status or work status.
The aim of the service is to help tackle homelessness in Cardiff by providing a safe and supportive environment to families. This enables them to increase their skills and confidence to help them to manage their future homes and lead settled lives. Nightingale House is funded through Supporting People Grant.
Our goals are to make sure that:
- Residents live in safe, secure and comfortable accommodation
- Residents are equipped to maintain their tenancies
- Family relationships are healthy and nurturing
- Families contribute to a positive and inclusive community
Hafan is a nine unit project in Ely which provides support to single mothers with young children. Hafan is also funded through the Supporting People Programme Grant and aims to make sure that:
- Children are safe in their home.
- Parents achieve independent living and are able to manage their tenancy.
- Parents are confident in their parenting skills and provide a nurturing environment.