We are looking for innovative ideas and an updated approach that enables us to reach out to a wider group of tenants. We have identified a number of areas to focus on and we would like to achieve the following outcomes:
Our existing Tenant and Community Engagement Programme
- Our existing Tenant Participation Strategy was written in 2014 and sets out our comprehensive approach to tenant involvement. The document is now due for review.
- Cadwyn has a well-established Service Improvement Panel that have recently completed a review of digital inclusion and are now working on review of customer satisfaction in relation to service charges. However the group is small and we would like to broaden its appeal and ensure consultation is effective and representative.
- We have recently conducted a comprehensive Tenants Survey. As part of this we need to focus on some of the key areas identified, to drive up tenant satisfaction.
- We are about to embark on an exciting digital transformation of our services and we will need to engage with our tenants around what they need and how we do this.
- Review of Tenant Participation Strategy – we’ve achieved a lot since 2014 but we need to touch base with our tenants to see what they want from us in 2018 and fully involve them in the review. We require someone to facilitate consultation session with our tenants to achieve this and make recommendations on a way forward. This information will then feed into the revised strategy and action plan.
- Scrutiny –We want you to oversee completion of the Scrutiny Groups’ Service Charge Review. This will involve assisting the group to understand and analyse the information they have gathered and successfully produce a report. Following this we want our currently uninvolved but interested tenants to engage in a new process of scrutiny, for them to have a level of independence (where possible) and we want them to draw up recommendations for improvement or good practice for a service area.
- Digital transformation – we want you to engage tenants in designing/setting up new methods for digital engagement so we can provide what our tenants need, not what we think they need. We want to get digital engagement with tenants off the ground, again bringing in new ideas.
- Tenant Satisfaction Survey – Running and facilitating a number of focus groups that delve deeper into the issues that tenants raise from the results of the tenant satisfaction survey completed this year.
- The consultant will be expected to work closely with Cadwyn staff and in particular the Assistant Head of Housing Services
- The consultant is expected to begin delivery around the 1st September 2018 with the project completing in March 2019 (subject to change)
- The consultant will be paid a set amount to include all expenses related to carrying out the requirements of the brief
The contract will be managed by Sarah Evans the Assistant Head of Housing Services.
Contract Terms and Price
The contract price agreed will be inclusive of VAT and expenses. There is a budget of up to £13,000 available for this tender.
To be agreed.
If you are interested in carrying out this work on our behalf then please provide us with the following information:
- The consultant/organisation/team relevant knowledge and expertise
- A methodology
- Proposed timeline
We will assess the tenders on the basis of the above four criteria: expertise (40%), methodology (30%), timeline (20%), and cost (10%).
We will expect to see equality, diversity and inclusion feature throughout your submission.
The above information should be submitted by 5pm on the 20th August 2018, email preferred, to email@example.com or hard copy sent to Sarah Evans Cadwyn Housing Association, 197 Newport Road, Cardiff CF24 1AJ. We will respond to shortlisted applicants shortly afterwards.